San Juan, Puerto Rico – February 2, 2021 – EVERTEC, Inc. (NYSE: EVTC) (“Evertec” or the “Company”) today announced its third year of inclusion in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality. Evertec is one of 380 companies representing 44 countries and regions across 11 sectors included in the 2021 Bloomberg GEI.
Mac Schuessler, President and Chief Executive Officer at Evertec stated, “We are incredibly proud that we have once again been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. It is a recognition of our ongoing commitment to ensure diversity and inclusion, including gender equity, are integrated into our business. We believe diversity in our workforce is the formula for successful innovation.”
Among the efforts made by Evertec to achieve this recognition, the following stand out:
- Promote an inclusive culture among its employees.
- Development of female talent through leadership roles
- Include policies on sexual harassment.
- Integrate the value of Evertec as a pro-gender diversity employer and free from prejudice as the brand’s foundation.
- Engaging Evertec talent as models and leaders in technology, supporting the alliance with Piloto 151 in the Womentechover program and their great commitment to STEM studies.
- Promote the development of women in STEM: In 2020 Evertec achieved, in alliance with women leaders from the technology and science ecosystem, an increase of 50% in the applications received by women to participate in the company’s Scholarship Program, resulting in greater diversity and inclusion among those awarded by the Program.
- On the other hand, 37% of the company are women, including that 26% of them are in Information Technology roles, an important aspect given that it has been shown that the role of women in the technology industry is key to the development of the sector.
The GEI tracks the financial performance of public companies committed to supporting gender equality through policy development, representation, and transparency. The reference index measures gender equality across five pillars: female leadership and talent pipeline, equal pay and gender pay parity, inclusive culture, sexual harassment policies, and pro-women brand.
“The companies included in the 2021 GEI are expanding the ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) data universe to include gender-related data that investors are demanding today,” said Peter T. Grauer, Chairman of Bloomberg. “Their commitment to disclosure is making the business case for inclusion and driving transparency in the markets.”
Through disclosure of gender-related metrics using the GEI framework, the firms included in the GEI have provided a comprehensive look at their investment in workplace gender equality and the communities in which they operate. Evertec was included in this year’s index for scoring at or above a global threshold established by Bloomberg to reflect a high level of disclosure and overall performance across the framework’s five pillars.
Both the framework and the GEI are voluntary and have no associated costs. The GEI is a reference index and is not for use as a financial benchmark. The index is not ranked. While all public companies are encouraged to disclose supplemental gender data for their company’s investment profile on the Bloomberg Terminal, those that have a market capitalization of USD 1 billion are eligible for inclusion in the index. To learn more please visit the GEI website.
EVERTEC, Inc. (NYSE: EVTC) is a leading full-service transaction processing business in Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and Latin America, providing a broad range of merchant acquiring, payment processing and business solutions services. The Company manages a system of electronic payment networks that process more than two billion transactions annually and offers a comprehensive suite of services for core bank processing, cash processing and technology outsourcing. In addition, Evertec owns and operates the ATH® network, one of the leading personal identification number (“PIN”) debit networks in Latin America. Based in Puerto Rico, the Company operates in 26 Latin American countries and serves a diversified customer base of leading financial institutions, merchants, corporations, and government agencies with “mission-critical” technology solutions. For more information, visit www.evertecinc.com.
Brenda Agosto / (787) 472-7633 Alexandra López-Soler / Cel. (939) 400-6497