Proud to be named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index for four years in a row.
There is nothing more valuable to us than our employees’ well-being and happiness
Diversity, equity, and inclusion raises the bar for our peers
Year after year, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of our winning formula has opened the doors to innovation and a uniqueness that has helped us become leaders in our field. Fostering an inclusive workforce encourages diversity of thought which leads to the development of the right solutions for our clients. These policies and actions have culminated in our inclusion in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index for four consecutive years.
Employer that embraces diversity and inclusion
Being an equal opportunity employer, and sourcing a diverse talent pool, is key to Evertec’s mission and has fostered an environment of brilliant ideas and innovation.
Commitment to transparency in reporting
Boomers (age 51-69)
Commitment to ethnic group representation
Our employees (*)
are located in Puerto Rico and United States
(*) As of December 31, 2021
Diversity in the workplace
Employee diversity is a core element of our Company. It is one of the key ingredients of our continuous improvement and innovation formula. We promote an inclusive culture for our people, products, and services. Our regional model allows for a variety of viewpoints to ensure we are considering diverse mindsets in our business strategies and decisions.
We believe in integrating, leveraging, and promoting diversity in generations, cultures, abilities, and lifestyles to achieve creative solutions that will address our client’s needs and positively impact our business results and communities.
- 2020 Women on Board – Award recognizing diversity and inclusion in U.S. companies where 20% or more of the board positions are occupied by women
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index – Award granted to companies committed with transparency in the information about gender and with the promotion of equality for women
- W Certified Company – Award given for the best practices in the inclusion of women in the workplace
- Establishment of various employee networks such as: Family Support Group, run by Evertec employees, and WIN Network to promote business networking and the career development of female employees
- Evertec participated in the 2021 national proclamation to Curb Domestic/Gender Violence in Puerto Rico
- Diversity practices have been highlighted in several regional publications
- Ongoing webinars are offered to emphasize sensibility, tolerance and awareness of diversity topics
- Created Next Generation Talent Program in 2021 to identify Evertec’s emerging leaders. Program participants pool is composed of equal male/female employees identified as potential successors for senior management positions.
- Periodic Gender Pay Studies are conducted
- The Company has in place an affirmative action plan, in compliance with requirements for federal contractors
Worker well-being is putting our money where our heart is.
Giving our highly trained workforce the skills needed for their career development has yielded incredible results, and a sense of constant learning and growth among our employees. Our curriculum, which is offered through our internal professional development platform, is composed of both virtual online classroom experiences as well as external trainings that help us create the leaders of tomorrow.
compliance related training hours – all employees
onboarding training hours
hours offered through our Leadership Academy
courses offered through our Learning Management System (LMS)
training hours completed via Linkedin Learning (LL)
We want our employees to live healthy and fulfilling lives. Our evercare program is centered around wellness and positive energy. Here are some of the steps taken to address their well-being:
Health and safety
The health and safety of our employees is paramount, since they are what keep us going. Their welfare is at the core of what we believe.
As the world adapted to a new normal during the pandemic, we took proactive measures to ensure our employees were safe, both physically and mentally. We are proud to report that 95% for our collaborators located in Puerto Rico are fully vaccinated and our overall company vaccination rate is 89%. Here are some of the measures we implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic:
On-site safety measures implemented such as:
Providing of protective gear
Safe social distancing workspaces
- Most employees working remotely since mid-March 2020
- Establishment of specialized feedback initiatives
- Incentives for critical employees working on site
- Office supplies and equipment for employees working remotely
- No employee layoffs, furloughs or pay reductions due to COVID-19 during the 2020 & 2021 calendar years
- Extension of Employee Assistance Program to our LATAM teams
- Recruitment and on-boarding strategy:
Remote recruiting and on-boarding strategy
Talent acquisition continued throughout the pandemic
We offered flexibility for eligible roles to ensure a gradual return to the office allowing us to adjust to any changes while promoting work/life balance
- Intranet updates
- Monthly internal newsletter
- Digital in-office displays
- Virtual team meetings
- Virtual Quarterly companywide Townhall meetings
- Local town halls, and more
For us, our employees’ voices matter. That’s why, at a minimum, every 2 years we administer a survey that helps us understand their concerns and needs to improve their work environment.
- 85% participation in 2020 (our highest participation rate ever)
- Survey empowers employees to provide feedback
- Results help us gain insight to continuously improve the work environment for our employees
- Survey results are turned into action plans to address any area of opportunity that might arise
- Action plans are completed and monitored by the People and Culture Division
Giving and volunteering means growth for everyone
For us, giving back means not only monetary donations but also immersing ourselves in our communities with positive actions and contributions.
At Evertec, we encourage our employees to volunteer in their communities and have a positive impact
2021 Volunteer impact:
Volunteer impact since 2015:
Evertec employees enjoying their volunteer work
Costa Rica | Asociación Costarricense de Surf (ACOS)
In support of protecting the environment, our Costa Rica employees teamed up with the Costa Rican Surf Association to clean up Barranca Beach in Punta Arenas.
México | Casa- Hogar MirSa
The puppies at Casa-Hogar Mirsa also recieved food, love and care from our employees in Mexico.
Chile | Fundación Planificable
Working with Fundación Planificable to educate our employees on the importance of sustainable development and ecological consciousness in Chile.
Colombia | Fundación Niños de los Andes
Supporting the Fundación Niños de los Andes with educational activities in order to transform the lives of young at-risk children in situations of abuse and abandonment.
Puerto Rico | El Comedor de la Kennedy
Evertec’s volunteer group helped out El Comedor de la Kennedy by donating perishable items and organizing their food warehouse.
Colombia | Organización por el Respeto y el Cuidado de los Animales (O.R.C.A.)
Our employees spent some time taking care of, and walking the dogs at the O.R.C.A., an organization whose focus is creating networks that bring together those who believe in cultural changes that benefit animals.
Puerto Rico | Hogar Ruth
We gave the women at Hogar Ruth the support they needed through educational lectures and a full cleaning of their facilities.
República Dominicana | Hogar Escuela de Niñas Doña Chucha
The girls and teenagers from the Hogar Escuela de Niñas Doña Chucha received the support of our employees, who shared time with them and donated food and personal hygiene items.
Puerto Rico | Love in Motion
We also supported Love in Motion with a full cleaning and restauration of the trails affected by Hurricane María at El Yunque National Forest.
Colombia | Fundación TEPA
We took care of our hairy friends at Fundación TEPA in Bogotá in support of their mission to protect the lives of abandoned cats and dogs.
Puerto Rico | Para La Naturaleza
Commited to our environment, our Escuarón Naranja in Puerto Rico helped Para La Naturaleza by planting trees at their Hacienda La Esperanza facilities in Manatí.
Puerto Rico | Paz para las Mujeres
Our employees were there to volunteer with Paz para las Mujeres, an organization committed to the eradication of domestic violence in Puerto Rico. We painted and helped improve the exterior of their headquarters.
Puerto Rico | Hogar El Pequeño Joshua
Our employees delivered smiles, clothing, food and essential items to the children of the Hogar El Pequeño Joshua, a shelter for victims of child abuse.
Panamá | FUNDASIS
We delivered food and cleaning materials to FUNDASIS, the Integral Adoption Center of Panama. Their mission is to ensure a healthy life for their country's pets.
Uruguay | REDALCO
Our employees helped sort items at REDALCO, upholding their mission to deliver fruits and vegetables to those who need them the most while lowering food waste in Uruguay.
ATH Móvil promoting the socio-economic development of Puerto Rico
Our corporate responsibility program is the expression of our approach to give back to the communities that have given us so much support over the years.
Total contributions in 2021
Total contributions since 2015
Committed to community engagement
Supporting our community means supporting their needs, goals, and dreams. This also means giving our communities the tools to achieve them. Some initiatives we have implemented as part of our corporate responsibility programs include:
Support for education
in 2021: 177
Total scholarships awarded
since inception: 690
Our proud Evertec scholarship recipients
During 2015, we launched the Scholarship Program with the support of Alberto Bacó, whom at the time was the Secretary of Economic Development for the Government of Puerto Rico.
2018 was a great year for our scholarship recipients pictured here with our President, Mac Schuessler and one of our Board of Directors Member, Teresita Loubriel.
One of our scholarship recipients writing his gratitude to Evertec for the education financial support.
In 2019, we introduced the need to include STEM in the Scholarship Program. Here, our President Mac Schuessler, together with members of Alianza de Mujeres Líderes de Puerto Rico in the STEM industry: Alexandra López (Evertec), Greetchen Diaz, (Ciencia Puerto Rico) y Sofía Stolberg (Piloto 151)